• avatar docj 06/27/08 12:20 am PST

Usually when this occurs ,its a problem with the TCM..Transmission control module..
    It may be a fault with the TCM itself..
    The vehicle is designed to go in whats called "limp in" mode..meaning when a fault occurs,the transmission will default into 2nd gear,it will drive,but not like its supposed to,so you can make it into a repair facility.

You dont know history of the vehicle i take it since you just bought it...maybe it had some recent work done to the transmission,this certainly would require a reprogramming of the TCM...

I would take it in for service right away,this is definitely not right.

Let me know how you make out

Doc J

Answers

• docj 06/27/08 12:20 am PST

It may be a fault with the TCM itself..

Let me know how you make out

Doc J

• gary124 10/09/10 4:34 pm PST

Read owners manual it will tell you its going to do this

Top Dodge Intrepid Experts View More

3. sandman235 70
7. sprescott 35