• avatar ray80 10/07/08 7:42 am PST

I'm thinking it should be the same as my Pontiac version. You could look in the guides section here at edmunds for Aztek and find the general procedure and tips. As I recall someone changed the battery (again in Pontiac version) without disconnecting fuse box, but I couldn't with my fumbling ways. As I recall the fuse box is attached by one bolt to the fender wall and that is fairly easily removed (CAUTION: You should note that one bolt goes through a clip , a clip to could sorta jump off when messing with it, only to fall into fender area inside where it will never be seen again). If you do detach fuse box, ensure the routing of fat bundle of wires that go toward rear is not changed, Mine had been at some point and it was slightly rubbing on accessory belt, not good.

Answers

First you need to remove that support bar that's blocking access, 13mm bolt is accessible just behind the fuse box, if you have an extended socket. It will slide out after it is unbolted. Disconnect the battery terminals with an 8mm or 5/16 wrench. Then remove the battery hold down bolt, 13mm socket. Now, take the battery out-be patient, it's a tight fit but it will come out.

• ray80 10/07/08 7:42 am PST

Top Electrical Battery Experts View More