• avatar MrShift@Edmunds 03/02/08 11:31 pm PST

First off, replace the fuse rather than check it.

For diagnosis you're going to need a wiring diagram.

First thing I'd do is wire directly to the fans to check that they are okay. Then I would find the temperature sensors that control them (usually one for switching on temp, and another for shutting off temp).

Did you try your AC? One fan should go on when the AC is on. If it does, this suggests to me a bad sensor.

If the fans check out okay with hotwiring, but won't come on with AC, or after grounding the sensors, then you have to search for the relay, which should be in a relay box under the hood somewhere. I'm sorry I don't know your car well enough to locate it but I think it's a box on the firewall, on the engine side. There should also be a schematic of these relays and fuses in your owner's manual, if you have one.

If you don't have one,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-BUI
    C...

Answers

If you don't have one,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-BUI
    C...

• eshelman 11/18/12 1:20 am PST

It can't be the fuse because on the late 90's Buick Century the cooling fan fuse is also for the alternator and other things. On the V6 it's also for the fuel injection.

If the car runs, the fuse for the cooling fans cannot be blown. The problem has to be with the relay, the fan, the sensor, a fusible link or possibly the ECM.

Top Electrical Wiring Experts View More