Answers

• jkugler 01/20/09 2:04 pm PST

I'm trying to remember how the toyotas axles are installed it may come apart at the mount, if it is try prying at the mount it may be a 2 piece axle, or mayb you have to unbolt the mount, I wish I could see what you have, cause I've done alot of them before, just can't remember, also there may be bolts around the outside of the axle to mount, may have to remove. Sorry I can't be of more help. Let me know how you make out. Good Luck!

• rearwheeldrive 01/21/09 2:14 pm PST

The axle is stuck in the mount?

I took my axle out of my 93 V6. I saw a snap ring after getting it on the floor. This snap ring will let it slide out if removed first. I was replacing the motor mount when I took this photo. The mount was even harder to get out so I put it all back together.

• jkugler 01/21/09 11:49 pm PST

remove the snap-ring plce the mount in a vice, spray [profanity deleted] it with wd-40 or even better [profanity deleted], let it sit, take a pry bar and a good size hammer, and give a few good shots clockwise, once it starts coming loose youll no where to go from there.

• rearwheeldrive 01/22/09 12:59 am PST

Good Idea

I like to visit a local welding shop with a hydro press in the shop. I give them a couple bucks to press in or out bushings when I get stuck with pressing issues.

• jkugler 02/02/09 5:34 pm PST

hey dan, wondering how you made out, wish i could actually see what you got there, but i'm sure you figured it out by now, if not let me know, j

Top Steering Experts View More