• avatar MrShift@Edmunds 11/21/10 12:01 pm PST

Well bad wires would explain all the symptoms and the check engine light going on and off. Certainly the age of your truck, if not the mileage, suggests that new wires should be put in regardless.

Answers

• boost_junkie 11/21/10 11:39 am PST

I reset the plug gap to .045 per another post, the misfire is better, but I can now hear the snap of it arcing but not see it arcing........ it seems to be doing it on the #3 cyl only after looking and regapping the plugs.
    Seems to me a bad wire is indicated.

• boost_junkie 11/23/10 7:38 am PST

well I the problem found the problem, no dielectric grease in the # 4 coil terminal .
    It was covered with rust and the # 4 spark plug wire coil terminal eroded from arcing. Remedy was to replace wires and grease ends plus clean male coil terminals. thanks........

Top Engine Misfire Experts View More