• avatar bandit10 07/22/08 3:16 am PST

There is a good chance one of the vent door sensors have gone bad and it's stuck closed. You can reference this on www.autozone.com it's an easy to use web site for trouble shooting, and they give diagrams, and photos. I have had good luck with that site a few times.

Answers

• bandit10 07/22/08 3:16 am PST

• mereg 07/22/08 5:08 pm PST

I went to the AutoZone site and they do not list a "vent door sensor" as a part. Could you be more specific? I am a complete car illiterate and need all the help I can get. Thanks in advance for any and all info!

• bandit10 07/22/08 8:56 pm PST

I assume you went the A/C trouble shooting site, and couldn't find your help. The site breaks down all related A/C problems. You have to pick your area in question. I then suggest you go to the answers page and look for mr shiftright he's extremely knowledgeable and may also be able to give you a direct link to your problem. The names of these experts is on the right side of the questions page. He's on most of any auto questions. You can also use www.edmunds.com for more trouble shooting. Also try 0patience, patrick88, subearu, and docj. Their all great folks. When you contact any of these pros just click on their name and you'll see their references of expertise and be able to directly contact any one of them. Please let us know the results you get from this experience because we all share the knowledge. It benefits all on this site. Good luck.

• mereg 08/02/08 1:56 pm PST

Thanks for your help. I ended up going to a A/C repair shop and wonder upon wonders when they checked the freon <sp?> levels I was out. Guess I should have tried the simple approach first instead of trying to complicate it.

Thanks!

Top Heating / Cooling Air Conditioner Experts View More