• avatar docj 03/24/09 1:24 am PST

Just for laughs i need to ask...

Did you replace the fuel pump or just the sending unit?
    GM's will not run or start if the fuel pressure gets too low.
    Pump may be running but what is the fuel pressure?
    If its even a couple PSI below specs,these wont start.
    Check fuel pressure for laughs..should be between 60 -66 PSI

Spray a bit of starting fluid in the throttle body and see if it hits/starts/tries to..

These have problems with the wiring connectors going bad at the fuel pump module and replacements come with a new redesigned harness to wire in..

Check all the fuses too.

Click the link below..has a couple diagnostic charts for P1351 also..
    When there,click on the charts to enlarge and read them.

Hope this helps you

Let me know

Doc J

Source: http://blazerforum.com/forum/showthread
    ....

Answers

• docj 03/24/09 1:24 am PST

Just for laughs i need to ask...

Check all the fuses too.

Hope this helps you

Let me know

Doc J

....

• ibetya 03/24/09 9:31 am PST

Thanks Doc for responding..the mechanic is going to try the fuel pressure today. When I replaced the sending unit it also came with the fuel pump..this was a new style that had a different type of wiring harness due to a defect in the older model. Fuses have been checked and they are fine. When an ohm meter was put on the reading the was 5.2 - 5.7..then when the new ignition switch was put on the reading went down to a 4.7..but should be between 1 - 4.
    So will let you know tonight once the pressure is taken and see what it reads..

thanks

• jessib 03/30/09 3:32 pm PST

Ours had same problem, turned out to be combo issue of magnet in security system, and leaking SPIDERS (fuel injectors) causing low fuel pressure. have these checked before diving into fuel pump etc, we spent nearly $2000 getting figured. If we had known this it would've been maybe $600. If your computer wont read at a shop, thats your first clue on the security system issue. If your fuel pump is heard pumping turning key and pumping just below recommended, then have the spiders checked for leaks. Good luck

• ibetya 03/30/09 6:58 pm PST

Thanks for your help...I took the advice of another and we checked the fuel pressure..just before this happened I put in the fuel sending unit complete well once the pressure was checked we found to have 0..even though the pump was working, it turned out that the 2nd sending unit was deftective as well..the pump was sending the fuel back into the tank..So its fixed now. I can see what you mean as this cost me 1100 before we found the problem. So needless to say this truck is going and I'm looking for a newer one..though I really loved my blazer

thanks

• docj 03/30/09 7:59 pm PST

Thanks for posting the fix.
    Glad you got it fixed.

Hey,
    Do me a favor and go to my first answer and click on the thumbs up icon to give me credit for best answer.

Thanks

Doc J

• ibetya 03/30/09 9:25 pm PST

Thanks Doc..consider it done..I don't know why they didn't check the fuel pressure to begin with..would have saved me lots of money...but then the fuel pump was working so they must have thought that wasn't the problem

thanks again

Top Chevrolet Blazer Experts View More

6. jlflemmons 95