• avatar MrShift@Edmunds 01/19/12 1:45 pm PST

Well if I were you first thing I'd do is see if the AC clutch is engaged even with the AC in the off position. You can visually check this.

If it's not engaged, and you're getting a sort of "cool" or ambient air, then yeah, could be a blend door, or you could be low on coolant, too. Check that as well. How 'bout defrost. Anything going on up there?

Answers

• stinger7018 01/19/12 2:14 pm PST

Thank you for your reply. AC is fine, blows very cold. Clutch seems to be working fine. Simply have no heat. When I have the heaters set to its hottest setting it seems to be blowing ambient air. Same with defroster.

So, when you turn it to heat, does the AC clutch disengage and the air turn somewhat warmer?

• stinger7018 01/20/12 2:04 pm PST

Yes, when I turn it to heat it appears to become slightly warmer air although it's been a little hard to tell these last couple of days as it has been in the low 40s. I found a pretty good "fix it" for the blend door on the Internet and I am trying to determine if this is the problem before I purchase this product. I used to do all of my repairs myself that I am now an ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) patient and have to rely my brother to do my repairs and he has to travel about an hour and a half to get here. I'm trying to avoid undue cost and wasted time from my brother. Thanks for your replies.

Well you might have him or you check to see if the heater hoses going IN and OUT of the firewall are both warm or not. If the IN is very hot but the OUT is cool well that suggests a heater valve issue. If both are HOT then that suggests a blend door issue, and may require someone to duck under there and observe how they are functioning.

I presume your coolant level is completely topped up?

• stinger7018 01/20/12 5:33 pm PST

Yes, the coolant level is topped of and the radiator was just recently flushed and a new thermostat installed. Thanks again

Top Heating / Cooling Heater Experts View More

7. alaskanj 120