Answers

Try replacing the neutral safety switch.

If you'll reply in the same thread instead of posting new Questions, then people will be able to follow along with all the diagnostics that you've been trying.

You can reply in the same thread using the Answer this Question button.

• browneyedsusie 03/13/09 10:51 pm PST

thank you Steve ...... was wondering why I couldn't just open up my page and see all the responses on one page

• browneyedsusie 03/15/09 4:39 pm PST

Thank you for you patience and help. My brother ran a jumper from the positive on the battery to the solenoid and the car turned right over. There is also a pink wire running out of the starter relay ... when tested there is no reading from that or the white and pink. There is current showing in the tan and red wire leading from the starter relay to the transmission range sensor and from the green and purle wire which leads to the ignition switch. What is the function of the solid pink wire?

• browneyedsusie 03/24/09 11:17 am PST

It was the PCM relay switch ...... $12. for the part ..... car is running great now
    starting with no problem at all

Well; congratulations on your success. Now; you can help us by posting the part number of the PCM relay in one more response to this thread. My sources do not list such a part. Thank You.

Top Mercury Sable Experts View More