• avatar Stever@Edmunds 05/03/09 1:09 pm PST

Hi Kmlrifle, I moved your update to the original thread (under "Edit" above) to keep it all together.

I've had trouble getting my light to go into valet mode before and didn't know about the door open/three second trick. I try to leave mine in valet mode because the alarm acts up, so I'm going to play with that. And maybe read my manual. :-)

Thanks for reporting back.

Answers

I have a '97 Outback Limited with a dealer installed factory alarm, so mine could be a bit different.

The rapidly flashing security light on mine means that the alarm is in Valet mode. On mine, you can push the flashing light and it will change to alarm mode.

I forget what the differences are between armed and valet. It took me a week to track down instuctions on the net to turn the chirp off on mine ("old-fashioned" dip switches) and then it started acting up a couple of years ago. I removed the siren since it was going off with nothing triggering it. I am going to try to remove the whole thing this summer if I can do so without messing up the keyless remote system.

Hope this helps a little.

Thanks for reporting back.

Top Subaru Outback Experts View More