Answers

It might seem overfull because the transmission is overheating. This might cause both expansion of the fluid and cavitation. Have you tried to check it say by just idling the car for 15 minutes in the morning, running it through the gears, putting it in neutral and checking it?

• papercarrier 12/06/12 1:49 pm PST

No I haven't tried that. It has been hesitant on shifting at 45mph since the weather has gotten cooler but it just started slipping and jurking really bad this morning. I checked it when I dropped my daughter off for school this morning after I had driven it about 18 miles.

Well slippage is not a good sign on a car of this age and mileage. You might try having the car scanned for trouble codes, and also changing the fluid and filter.

With modern automatics, it's very hard to try and diagnose them remotely. A good transmission shop should be able to perform pressure tests and scans and come up with some answers.

you might get lucky and just have a bad pressure regulating solenoid, or it could be worse, like internal damage. A scan might help.

Top Transmission Shifting Experts View More

6. mcdawgg 205