• avatar scanman1 01/31/11 3:02 pm PST

The crankshaft sensor is located above the starter. Once you remove the starter you will see it. Hint remove the flywheel cover first, the bolts on the starter the wiring drop starter, clean area around sensor, remove the bolt holding the sensor ,unplug the elestrical conn, twist the sensor and pull it out, reverse these directions and perform the crankshaft relearn procedure with your 5000 dollar scanner. Scanman I believe you will be better off letting a qualfied tech fix your car, I'm just saying!!! But these is how you do it. And you'll need a lift, thats what the instructions say.

Answers

I think it's best if a shop does this. Not only do you have to jack up the vehicle and remove the starter motor, but you need a scan tool to perform the CKP System Variation Learn Procedure when the crankshaft position sensor is removed or replaced.

You should be charged 1.2 hours labor for this job + cost of the part, so if you go to a shop it looks like the entire job should run about $200.

• scanman1 01/31/11 3:02 pm PST

• scanman1 01/31/11 3:04 pm PST

Right behind ya Mr Shiftright

Top Truck Experts View More