Answers

There might be a short in the wiring harness for the throttle postion sensor.

If there was a short in any other sensor or harness which ran off the same supply as the TP sensor (such as the oxygen sensor or coolant temp sensor), it could pull the supply voltage for the TP sensor down; which would produce that code.

If your engine has been modified, or you have added any aftermarket performance parts, then they could cause a problem of this sort.

If the electronic spark timing control system was bad, it could also do this.

If that is not the case, then I would check to see if the EGR valve is sticking open.

If all those items are good, I would replace the spark plugs and plug wires.

And if it still runs badly, I would bring the MAP sensor in to a parts store that can check it, and see if it has a problem.

I hope this helps!!!
    Joel

I also wanted to clarify that the way an oxygen sensor would cause this problem is if there was a short in its heater coil; not a short in its sensing element.

I posted two responses to your second posting a few days ago. If you have read them and tried those suggestions, and now want further feedback; please write a third posting, with details. I have received a number of "ghost messages" referring to former postings I had already answered. So I can't tell whether it was you who requested additional feedback, or someone just playing games.

Top Electrical Sensors Experts View More