Answers

• tony78 01/07/09 2:33 pm PST

at or near you fuel tank filler neck,,,that is the pipe where you stick the nozzle into when you are at the gas station,,

there are pipes and hoses that connect special controls and other devices that prevent fuel vapors from escaping into the atmosphere and creating more smog.

now a particular part or component in this area has malfunctioned and needs to be repaired or replaced.

this equipment is part of your emission control system.

you will need to take the car to the dealer for a proper diagnosis and repairs can be peformed.

• canddmeyer 01/08/09 5:03 am PST

Just a word of advice....don't top off the tank when you fill it, otherwise you may experience problems such as what you're describing.

• teedo7 01/27/09 4:47 pm PST

I have the exact same problem did you ever find a solution for this?

• lleon2 01/27/09 9:53 pm PST

As of 1/29/09 the problem has not been fixed. My car will not start after I put gas in it. The Hyundai dealer said they never have heard of that problem. I don't want to go to them to get it fixed, since I will have to pay $95 an hour just for them to figure it out. That could take 2-3 hours. I've checked two other car repair places and they know nothing about the problem either.

Top Engine No start Experts View More