• avatar ray80 09/23/09 7:34 am PST

Sounds like an issue with BCM, it really shouldn't have anything to do with what was done to brakes. The basic symptoms you described are very similar to what I had on my Pontiac about a year ago. In my case it was due to leakage in sunroof that managed to track its way down near electrical stuff (BCM). My inventive solution was to remove the covers on console (where you access fuse box on one side, and one similar on other side) and drive with heater on full with air directed to floor for about a hundred miles before shutting it off ( I was in NC when it happened and drove up into VA on my way back to Ct.) and when I restarted , problem was gone and hasn't returned. In any case I believe something is up with your BCM.

Answers

I think you need to get the dealer to fix it and bill your other mechanic. It sounds like they disconnected the battery or something, although why they would need to do that to fix the rear brakes, I don't know.

• ray80 09/23/09 7:34 am PST

• patti9 09/23/09 9:07 am PST

The problem with my Rendezvous was the BCM. The mechanic told me that while the BCM doesn't go out often, Rendezvous' have had problems with it. With the new BCM, the car works perfectly, but this was an expensive fix. By the way, I did try to remedy the problem by disconnecting and reconnecting battery cables, but the fix was temporary and the problems came back within a day.

• jara90 01/27/11 11:06 pm PST

I had the same problem last summer with my 2002 Buick Rendezvous.....took it to the garage and had the security module replaced. $585.00 later it worked fine.

Top Electrical Experts View More