• avatar MrShift@Edmunds 08/13/13 6:15 pm PST

Oh, an old recall...I was looking for a new one.

anyway, this recall is interesting in that it says "registered OR originally sold in Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin"

So if you bought this truck used, maybe you could trace it back to one of these states and beat the VIN restriction? I'd be glad to look up the state of origin for you if you post the VIN #.

Answers

is it possible you are mixing up "recalls" with "technical service bulletins" or TSBs?

TSBs are advisory and the dealer is under no obligation to fix the car under warranty.

Did you get a recall letter? Do you have the date and the recall #?

• notagain5 08/13/13 4:34 pm PST

http://www.fordwindstarrecall.info/ recall information and no I didn't get the recall notice, because they said mine was not built in the location they think there was a problem...but it has all the problems listed in this recall states so that is BS on fords part

• notagain5 08/13/13 8:09 pm PST

I bought this car brand new in Rochester NY...so it did fall in the state...can't understand why I didn't get the recall, been having this problem for years and am furious I never got a recall or even found out there was one done~~Vin #2FMZA57473BA17936. Thank you for any help. This van had been a total nightmare and money pit. But now I'm putting kids through college so I'm stuck with it.

Well call 'em up and tell them you are eligible.

I don't think the alternator is covered by anything though.

I have heard there were quite a few dissatisfied owners of Windstars. You are not alone, that's for sure.

• notagain5 08/15/13 10:07 am PST

I did call them up, pointless, Ford can pick and choose what they recall from what plant, even if you fall in all the category's, have all the problems you have to have that magic Vin #. This is absolutely terrible on Fords part. they have done 8 recalls on this vehicle. I only received four. I should of received all of them. I though it was only my van only to find out this is a big problem, not just my van..recalls were selectively done..and not enough, because we know there are other problems with this design and van.I will never buy a Ford product again, even thought I have owned several. This is not, or ever would be a company I can trust, they sure can take your money fast...and a lot of it...then be no where to be found...until enough deaths happen on there account. Shame on Ford, for not being a stand up company!!! I'm sicken that I just found out about all the recalls I never knew (but had that problem) because I didn't get notified, it doesn't matter where they put together the car...it's still put together the SAME WAY the SAME DESIGN. Please do they think were idiots??

Top Ford Windstar Experts View More

3. mastertech19 75
6. knockster 65