• avatar canddmeyer 05/14/08 6:05 pm PST

I got this off of the Outback forums here:

"As for the parking lights, there is a switch on top of the steering console which was probably (switched) by mistake and that's why they are staying on."

Search the forums further or refer to your owners manual. It's a quirk with Subaru's.

Answers

• canddmeyer 05/14/08 6:05 pm PST

• warmnsunny 05/14/08 6:39 pm PST

gulp....thanks for the solution....I've never noticed the switch before!

That idiotic switch has burned me twice on my '97 Outback and bit my sister a few months ago on her '05 Forester. :-)

I understand that Subaru finally did away with the switch a year or two ago.

I never think about it except for my annual dashboard cleaning.

• topchampion 09/23/08 10:43 pm PST

I too just got fooled by the idiot switch. Spent the evening pulling fuses. Thanks for reminding me about that switch that I've ignored for 10 years!!

• snarlyoldman 03/29/11 10:10 pm PST

2009 Subaru Outback - The freakin' switch is still there. Did my semi annual dashboard cleaning. Second time this has happened to me. Dead battery this morning.

• estax 08/02/15 12:12 am PST

Oh man, I had just wired up my trailer lights and taken my boat to the lake. I had stopped for gas and reset my odometer and must have hit that stupid switch. When I got there the marker lights would not turn off. I had to disconnect the battery. When I got home I cut all the wires to the trailer adapter and of course they still stayed on. I then found this "fix" and felt like a moron haha.

Top Electrical Experts View More