• avatar 0patience 02/16/08 12:14 am PST

What fault codes did they get for the VSC TRAC system?

Did they attempt Zero Point Calibration of Sensors?
    If so, were they able to?

And what ECU are they wanting to replace? The skid control module?
    Not the main ECU, I hope.

Have they checked the master cylinder pressure sensor, yaw rate or deceleration sensors?

Is the ABS light also on?

There is an updated skid control module and is likely the problem.
    But would need to know the answers to the questions to be more certain. Unfortunately, you are likely out of warranty, so it will be your cost.

Answers

• 0patience 02/16/08 12:14 am PST

If so, were they able to?

Not the main ECU, I hope.

Is the ABS light also on?

• 0patience 02/16/08 12:17 am PST

Oh yeah, to answer your question about what would happen if you drove it.
    The skid control is not functioning. This can be a dangerous thing, as this is a skid/stability/traction control.

I would recommend that it be repaired promptly.

• phxbob64 06/08/08 2:08 pm PST

I have had this issue on my '02 for years now. The vehicle functions "normally" - no engine problems, no braking problems. Toyota told me about the same thing they told you, except my brilliant dealer "wasn't sure" what the problem was, so they wanted to charge me hourly until they figured it out. Scam!!! Anyway, relax, there is no problem with driving it with the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. I am in Phoenix and rarely have traction issues to contend with, but I could see where you might want to get it taken care of immediately if you live where rain and snow are part of your world. I am lazy, but, someday I plan to learn exactly which of the four computer units controls this issue, and then pull it from a salvage yard. Of course, I may get another bad computer, but the price will be tolerable.

Top Toyota Sequoia Experts View More

3. WyoTex 40
4. boomchek 35