• avatar nate4924 10/15/08 7:37 pm PST

my first guess would be that you got a different size battery. all these systems draw power from the vehicle. if it is the same size battery then it may possibly be that alternator.

Answers

• nate4924 10/15/08 7:37 pm PST

• mmhaulter 04/10/09 8:09 pm PST

from everything i've read it is your throttle body. mine does the same and i've read a few different places that when the throttle body gets dirty it does that and is common on trailblazers. they say its pretty easy to take off and clean , but being a woman i think i'll have it done.

• edward401 05/23/09 11:39 am PST

2002 Trail Blazer Battery Change: I have the very same issue - I changed my battery yesterday; now I have an idle problem that is associated with my air conditioner.

I call the dealer service department and was told that due to the battery being removed, the computer needs to “relearn” your driving habits. Other vehicles also have this same issue. Keep driving your car for the time being – if the problem persists, you may have to have your computer reprogrammed.

Edward401us@yahoo.com

• fj4072 11/01/09 1:29 pm PST

Yes this IS due to your throttle body being dirty and is VERY common. Unhook the battery first!! If you don't you have a chance that you'll burn out the little tiny electirc motor that opens and closes the throttle body. Unhook the plastics and the air hose to the throttle body. Spray Carb cleaner on it and clean both sides of the "butterfly", being careful not to cut yourself it's sharp! Also clean the cyclinder opening very well. After you have done this, reconnect the hoses and plastics, then hook the battery back up. Drive around for a few miles with the AC off so the computer can re-learn the settings. Then try it again at idle, it will work fine now with the throttle body being clean and the computer reset again.

• 6850 04/17/13 7:21 pm PST

04 chevy trailblazer. after changin the battery, when i turn on tha air conditioned the RPM drop

Top Heating / Cooling Air Conditioner Experts View More