• avatar MrShift@Edmunds 03/22/11 12:06 pm PST

8950 lbs is what I have listed. So you should be fine, but of course you also have to count the weight of anything IN the travel trailer that you add (food, books, equipment, etc) and the weight of passengers and cargo in the Durango. It is generally recommended to knock 10% off maximum weight to be extra safe, and it seems you are right about there.

I'd be sure not to tow uphill in overdrive--you should lock that gear out when climbing or if the truck seems to be struggling. A few MPG less is a lot cheaper than a new transmission.

Answers

You can reply in this thread by clicking the Answer this Question button and that will help keep all the information in one spot. Thanks!

• akcamai 04/04/11 7:33 pm PST

How do I lock out the overdrive?