• avatar karjunkie 11/11/08 7:47 am PST

Hybrid codes are different from a regular car. The P1600 indicates a transmission control module (TCM) problem. If I were you, I would get a second opinion either from another dealer or an independent mechanic that specializes in this make of car before authorizing expensive repairs that may be unecessary. I would go to Car Talk’s Mechanics Files site at http://www.cartalk.com/content/mechx/fi
    nd.html
    Enter your zip code and you will get a list of mechanics in your area that other consumers have used and highly recommend. Look for ones that specialize either in the make of your car or the type of repair you need. Call 2-3 of them and ask about the problem to see if they seem knowledgeable on this type of repair. I have personally used this site with great success to find good honest mechanics and can highly recommend it. Good luck!

Answers

nd.html

Top Electrical Experts View More