Answers

• tony78 08/16/09 11:15 am PST

mr shift right is still in bed, sunday mornings he sleeps late.

When you buy a car ( new ) at the dealership, you will receive a packet, this packet should contain at least some of these items.

1. owners manual.

2. tire information.

3. emission warranty.

4. dealer network.

5. sales contract.

6 etc.

When you purchase a vehicle used, you may or may not receive any of these items with the exception of the sales contract.

Its up to you the buyer, at time of purchase to request these items if they have not already been provided.

Should you purchase a vehicle owners manual ?

A wise buyer always tries to obtain every piece of literature that is applicable to the maintenance and service of thier particular type of equipment.

These manuals are an integral part of the ownership and care of your vehicle.

Back in school the teacher would say that this type of book is " Required Reading ".

In the old days I think people removed owner's manuals because they just cleaned out their glovebox of everything. Some people would stash receipts or phone numbers in the manuals and didn't want that info to go with the car. These days owners (and dealers) tend to remove them for resale. I take it you didn't have any luck downloading one from the MINI Owners Lounge that I linked to back in June? You can reply in this thread by clicking the Answer this Question button and that will help keep all the information in one spot. Thanks!

What is the symbol that the light is showing?

• CeeeeCeeee 08/21/09 3:50 pm PST

I have a 2004 basic model and had a dash light which came on and stayed on even though there was no problem with the car. The dealership told me to make sure the gas cap was securely in place. I checked and it was. Then, I realized the cap to the 12V outlet in the boot (trunk) had popped off. I put it back on and the dash light disappeared. Go figure!

Top MINI Cooper Experts View More

7. bepperb 25