• avatar Stever@Edmunds 06/11/13 11:04 pm PST

Heh, on mine it manages to drip down the brake pedal onto the middle of the floor. Dunno, I'd try the hose method again. The drains may be clean but the ends may be dislodged from the pillars or wherever they are supposed to drain. That doesn't add up to where the dampness is though. Tough one!

Answers

• lostwrench1 06/10/13 9:29 pm PST

How is the heater core? When the engine is cold, remove the radiator cap to see if there is a coolant loss.

• bab62 06/11/13 12:29 am PST

There is no coolant loss.

It's possible to have a windshield leak that your mechanic may not have found. That would be more likely if the windshield has been replaced. That happens on my van and only one side gets wet.

• bab62 06/11/13 9:44 pm PST

I had a grand am that had a leak from the windsheild and I know it's not from that. The floor isn't wet around where the carpet starts under the dash/glove box or down, it's wet right before the seat starts. Kind of in the middle of the floor. That's why I can't figure out why my floor is getting wet.

• bab62 06/14/13 2:35 pm PST

I'll have to have that looked at again. Thanks.

Someone mentioned on the forums that cowls can clog up with debris and cause leaks. Not sure how yours is set up (or even if it has one), but the area around the wipers would be another place to check. You can remove that piece on lots of cars to clean out that area. The firewall on mine has drains underneath the cowl just like a sunroof drain.

Please report back and let us know what the fix ultimately was. Good luck!

Top Buick Rainier Experts View More

2. ray80 25
3. sandman235 25
5. zolecki 25