• avatar sylvia 01/01/08 5:07 pm PST

If the unit isn't getting any power, check the cables and fuses. It could be as simple as the unit not getting any power. You may need to remove the player (be sure to have your anti-theft code handy). Try unplugging the harness/cables and then turn the key part way (not to start the car but for power) and see if it asks for anti-theft code. If it does, enter it in and see if you can get the eject to work. If it doesn't.

Your next option is to look at the unit and see where the screws are to take the cover off to remove the CD's yourself. You can do this or your local dealership/service department can tell you if the unit is defective and if so replace it (sorry) and retrieve your CD's.

You can find a guide here:

"How to Remove a Stuck CD"

Answers

Has to come out I'm afraid. If it won't play a CD, that can happen with "home-made" recordings, but if it doesn't eject a CD, that's usually a sign of internal issues. Does the display light up? Are you getting current to the unit?

• sylvia 01/01/08 5:07 pm PST

You can find a guide here:

"How to Remove a Stuck CD"

• bergie1 01/03/08 7:10 pm PST

Thanks.. the unit is getting power as it is trying to load/unload the cd (s) when I press the button.

Was going to remove the fuse and let it reset but I could not locate a fuse for the unit

• soupy08 05/06/09 11:44 pm PST

I have the same problem in a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country. Did your battery die shortly before you noticed this problem? Also if you succeeded in freeing the disc can you let me know what worked. Long road trips with several children in the car are Very Long without the DVD player.

• jp78 12/29/09 9:49 am PST

Hello, I have also the same problem on a 2005 Voyager, which occured after a battery failure.
    It has also a 6-DVD player.
    The DVD player is lighted and powered, but it cannot intake the DVDs.
    I have no antitheft code. Anyway I don't know either how to enter a starting code...
    I live in France.
    Can anybody help me ?
    Thanks
    Jean-Pierre

• loydkutch 10/09/10 11:43 pm PST

My wifes 2001 Town and Country also did this. I took ot out and took off the cover to find a 2 disc laying one on top of the other and both on top of the mechanical drive in the player. Upon further inspection I then found a small white plastic piece that I discovered had come off of the #1 disc holder tray. This piece was the thing that guided and held the disc into the tray and could not be replaced because the little tab that it hooked under on the front of the tray had broken off. I did not find this small piece but never the less I cant imagine where I would find parts to repair this. As a result of the little plastic guide being off on the #1 tray anytime a disc is loaded it just falls into the CD player mechanism instead of loading into a tray. Im trying to find a replacement right now but may have to just buy aftermarket. My wife says she doesnt use it much anyway so I guess Im not in any hurry to replace it. Getting it out was fairly easy if you have any mechanical ability and opening the top is a matter of having a really tiny screw driver or as in my case just grinding off the heads of the tiny screws to flip up the cover and remove the CDs.

• sentz 11/03/11 8:45 pm PST

My 2005 town and country factory installed 6 cd/dvd player does not play nor eject a cd.

Top Electrical Experts View More