• avatar uniquess 12/18/11 11:37 am PST

You must replace the Forward Module in the engine compartment just forward of the fuse box next to the battery (the silver module) .... 4 torx screws secure it to the housing and the unit just unplugs ... This repairs the the door lock problem and, as per Chrysler, is ah common problem on the 04 and 05 Town and Country's ...

Source: I did the actual diagnostic and repair on this vehicle and know it to be true ...

Answers

• digigraphic 11/19/10 6:51 pm PST

I have no ideas yet but I have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country with that exact same problem. The power door locks stop working & I keep resetting the IOD fuse and that fixes it for a while. Then it stops working again.

Source: Google

• kona6 11/21/10 11:34 am PST

I found the answer. There is a TSR 08-040-04 DEC 04
    on this problem. BCM (body control module) needs to be "reflashed".

• uniquess 12/18/11 11:37 am PST

• donstephani 09/30/12 11:45 pm PST

I've just experienced the failure of the electric door locks and found this information most heplful. First, the lights still flashed correctly when I used my remote to lock or unlock the doors, however the locks did not respond. I removed the silver module that is plugged into the front of the fuse box (actually for about 15 minutes) and then I removed the IOD fuse (it's a 20) that is in the lower front of the fuse box. Imprinted in the plastic is the letters IOD, but they cannot be seen until the fuse is removed. It was held out 10 seconds and then reinstalled as was the silver module. Everything now works, I just had to refresh the menu to get all the doors to open on the first entry (default is drivers door only).

Now I will check with my Chrysler dealer to see if there reaslly has been a recall to update the software. I have owned this car since new, but have not received a recall notice.

Source: Personal experience.

• aclem01 02/26/13 6:46 pm PST

I just had the same issue with the 2005 T&C van that I bought. The removal and replacing of the IOD fuse in the fuse block worked just fine; for about a week. The dor locks went first. The door operators were shortly behind that. I'm going to the dealer to have the Body Controil Module (BCM) "flashed". This is a program update that takes about a 1/2hr, and should cost around $60.

Top Electrical Fuse Experts View More