Answers

I doubt a sensor would react directly the reliably to "engine load", by which I mean when you are going uphill with passengers, the engine is working hard. A bad sensor has no knowledge of this--it just gives a wrong reading randomly, seems to me.

Given your symptoms, I think you have a blockage of some sort in the cooling system, or air in the system.

What does the garage mean by "no indication" of head problems? There's only one way to know, and that's by testing. If they haven't tested, they don't know.

I'd tend to agree with Mr. Shiftright that you have air in the cooling system. Since you changed the thermostat I assume you replaced the coolant. Most modern engines have a bleeder valve in the upper part of the engine that needs to be opened up when the fluid is changed. This is often overlooked. Air in the system will cause exactly the symptoms you note. Good luck and let me know if that solves the problem!

Top Kia Sedona Experts View More

4. 04350 25
5. fred121 25