• avatar zaken1 11/22/11 2:44 am PST

I expect the glow plug indicator showing after start is telling you that the glow plugs have reached the end of their service life; and that starting will become unreliable if you don't have them replaced soon.

You can probably have the computer scanned for the trouble code(s) which keep the check engine light on; but it may well turn out that just replacing the glow plugs will correct this issue.

Answers

• gidman 11/23/11 12:52 pm PST

Thanks zaken1!! I agree and I'm leaning towards your suggestion. How many glow plugs does this car have?

Thanks again!

There are six glow plugs in this motor. Unfortunately, the Edmunds system stops notifying posters of new responses after an answer has been selected as best answer; so I am concerned that you may never know of this response. It sure would be nice if someone in authority addressed this issue.

• gidman 11/27/11 2:40 am PST

Thanks a lot zaken1!! I'll have it looked at eventually. You sure know your stuff. I'm new to this site and hopefully I can let you know once the problem is diagnosed and fixed. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.

Top Electrical Ignition Experts View More