Answers

• nate4924 06/09/08 5:10 pm PST

more often than not it is a balance issue with the tires. it could also be a bent wheel however you would feel that at lower speeds as well.

• patrick88 06/23/08 10:37 pm PST

Has the drive shaft been removed lately? Or have you hit any major obstacles(rocks, stumps etc..). I would have the drive shaft checked for balance. If it was removed to do another repair, it could've been re-installed incorrectly out of alignment angle or balance. If it's under warranty have them check it.

• patrick88 07/02/08 12:51 am PST

• taddsoup 12/23/08 1:55 pm PST

I have this same exact problem with my 2005 pathfinder LE. I took it to the dealer and they thought it might be the drive shaft so they removed it and inspected it and said it was fine. I still have the problem. Did you find an answer. Please let me know if you have. Thanks.

• ViperSSD 02/11/09 10:50 pm PST

I had the same issue really bad vibration at 60mph. Took it to the dealership and they found a bad U-joint in the front end.

• parker02 07/02/10 10:43 am PST

I have a 2005 LE and just began to experience the same vibration. It begins at 40mph and peaks at 60mph. Seems to begin in the back and you can feel it in the seat at 40 then the whole vehicle has a vibration at 60mph.

Just has new tires put on and balanced twice. I think it might be a drive line vibration. I'm at 56,000 miles. Does anyone know if this is covered by warranty by a dealer?

Thanks

• sbrooks05 03/06/11 9:29 am PST

I have been having problems with my 2005 pathfinder since i got it Nissian had to pay and replace tranny and raditor after 8 months than water pump went 500. than the vibrating started again they said front drive shift u joints, so replace thoughs got new tires and balanced and they were wrong now it gets to 40 mph and the whole thing vibrates so bad come to find out it the rear drive shift u joints, so you will need to replace them... Hope this help because i have been going through yell with mine...

• abradach 12/17/11 5:29 pm PST

I have the same problem, just found out today that with our 2005 pathfinders the radiator is defective and at about 80somethin miles it leaks coolant into the transmision fluid and messes up the tranny

• jbauld 05/21/13 7:53 am PST

I started having the same problem. If everyone is still following this try turning off the overdrive (button on the gear shifter) and try it then. Mine stops when i turn off my overdrive.

One of my mechanice friends suggested the overdrive sensor should be replaced. Also the transmission fluids and fliters should be changed because it might not be getting access to enough fluids where filter is blocked. either way turning off the overdrive seemed to fix it in the short term. Still need to find the problem.

Top Suspension Experts View More