Answers

The aftermarket air filter has nothing to do with your problems so that is bogus. You can replace the filter with a stock paper one for less than 20 bucks. The battery problem is probably a bad connection or alternator. Any major auto parts store will test it for free. What's wrong with the rotors? Is the car still under warranty? The radio may be related to the battery problem if you have a loose connection. If the car is out of warranty have a good independent mechanic take a look. I would go to Car Talk’s Mechanics Files site at

http://www.cartalk.com/content/mechx/fi
    nd.html

Enter your zip code and you will get a list of mechanics in your area that other consumers have used and highly recommend. Look for ones that specialize either in the make of your car or the type of problem you have. Call 2-3 of them and ask if they can do this for you. I have personally used this site with great success to find good honest mechanics and can highly recommend it. Good luck!

• arscottd 08/29/10 10:37 pm PST

What ever came out of the issues? I am having what sounds like the identical problems with my '06 HHR LT that I've had problem free for about 2 years now. Things started with the radio going out for about five minutes then coming back. Then my brakes began pulsating while stopping. I ended up having the front rotors turned and the rear completely replaced. Then I found out while that was going on that the front struts were cracked and leaking. So, after about $860 later I thought that everything was looking up and wouldn't have to worry about anything major for a while. Then the next day my car wouldn't turn over and every gauge started to freak out especially the spedometer, tachometer, and fuel gauge. As soon as I touched the breakes everything would stop. When I was finally able to get the key out of the ignition I still heard a clicking noise behind the power window console in front of the gear shifter. So, I ended up unhooking the drained battery and will have the car towed in the morning. All this fun and the car only has 27k miles on it and is out of warranty. Look forward to seeing what you have to say.

Top Chevrolet HHR Experts View More

1. ray80 80
3. bandit10 45
5. flint_mi 40
7. obyone 20