Answers

Here's instructions for both the base instrument cluster option or the Message Center option if you have that in your truck:

Message Center Configuration
    Oil Life Reset - Message Center Cluster

NOTE: The oil life calculation is set at a maximum of approximately 8,000 km (5,000 miles) or 180 days

Press and release the SETUP button until the message center displays PRESS RESET TO BEGIN SYSTEM CHECK.
    Press and release the RESET button until the message center displays HOLD RESET IF NEW OIL.
    Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset the oil life to 100%.
    The message center displays SETUP MENU HOLD RESET.
    Oil Life Reset - Base Instrument Cluster

NOTE: The oil life calculation is set at a maximum of approximately 8,000 km (5,000 miles) or 180 days.

Place the ignition in the RUN position with the engine off (KOEO).
    Press and release the TRIP/RESET button until SETUP MENU HOLD RESET is displayed.
    Press and hold the TRIP/RESET button until SYSTEM CHECK is displayed.
    Release the TRIP/RESET button.
    Press and release the TRIP/RESET button to scroll through the system check menu items until HOLD RESET IF NEW OIL is displayed.
    Press and hold the TRIP/RESET button until OIL LIFE SET TO 100% is displayed.
    Release the TRIP/RESET button. The oil life is now reset.
    Oil Life Start Value - Message Center Cluster

NOTE: The oil life start value is used to reset the oil life value back to the maximum of approximately 8,000 km (5,000 miles) if the value was previously changed or to lower the value from the maximum (8,000 km
    To reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after each oil change [approximately 5,000 miles (8,000 km) or 180 days] perform the following:
    Enter SYSTEM CHECK to display "OIL XXX% OIL LIFE OK".
    Press RESET control to display "HOLD RESET IF NEW OIL".
    Press and hold RESET control for more than 2 seconds. Oil life is set to 100% and "OIL CHANGE SET TO 100%" is displayed.

• tracey78 11/10/12 1:17 pm PST

I've tried these options, but to no avail. Nothing happens when I push any of the three buttons. If I'm low on fuel it will switch back and forth from telling me low fuel to change oil so I know that the screen can change, but doesn't seem to work by manual change.

Are you sure you had the ignition key in the RUN position with the engine off? (That's the ON position, before "start").

• tracey78 11/10/12 11:19 pm PST

Tried it again. Just stays at Oil Change Required.

Gee I'm stumped then. I tried to look up all the info on this. I'll keep looking around for you and I'll save this topic---you might re-read the owner's manual to see if there is something we've both missed here. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Ultimately you might need a trip to the dealer (gulp!).

Top Electrical Gauges Experts View More