Answers

Starting and shaking when cold could definitely be your glow plugs, which wear out just like a spark plug, eventually. Have they ever been tested or replaced?

As for stalling when warm, that's not a glow plug issue of course, but other factors could be:

vacuum leak

coolant temperature sensor

clogging fuel filter (clean filters are very important on diesel vehicles)

Maybe all the baby needs is some intensive maintenance?

Check out the Edmunds Forums too for posts like this one:

Jeep Liberty Diesel

• texases 01/16/13 9:48 am PST

Two other things to check if you still have the problem is valve adjustment (if it's required) and compression (to make sure you don't have worn cylinders or burned valves).

• 2006crdfromns 01/16/13 10:32 am PST

Thanks for the info!
    I appreciate all the feedback!

Seems like there's a lot on your plate here---many areas to explore with "issues" on this vehicle.

Best thing I could say, so that you don't feel overwhelmed, is to start with the simple and work toward the complex. Check the basics first. I thought the comments in the forum about the split in the turbo hose were interesting--hadn't thought of that one.

also the EGR issue should be explored. Seems to me that a defective EGR would throw a code.

Top Jeep Liberty Experts View More

5. bandit10 60
6. chryslergroup 60
7. subearu 55