Answers

• laltazan 05/22/12 8:44 am PST

If the warning chime sounds, when it goes to zero, the sender is likely still bad. We have changed three (OEM sensors) to get one that works properly. If no chime goes off, I would suspect the gauge. GM has had a great deal of trouble with this as well. The gauge can be repaired, by shops that do instrument panel work.

We have also seen some GM engines actually loosing oil pressure at fairly low mileage (60-100K.) There is an adaptor that allows oil pressure to be checked easily. Find someone with one of these adaptors and have them verify the oil pressure, if the above does not help.

Good Luck

• gr8ce22 12/08/14 3:22 pm PST

I have the same issue in my 2007 Yukon. I replaced the oil pressure sensor (sending unit). Didn't work. Took it to the dealership and they are telling me that it's the valve lifter oil manifold ($800). It could also be that there is a filter underneath the oil pressure sensor that gets clogged or it could be the oil pressure relief valve in the oil pump is sticking. Good luck

Top Oil Experts View More

7. coolrunning 200