• avatar knockster 10/18/08 11:35 pm PST

As the miles count down the oil life is reduced and the computer lets you know. When it hits 0% you are due for an oil change. After the oil change the computer is reset to 100% and starts all over.

Answers

• knockster 10/18/08 11:35 pm PST

Check this link for a free Honda owner's manual you can download:

How To Find Your Car Owner's Manual Online

The manual should tell you how to reset the oil life indicator light.

Four quarts is a lot of oil to be putting into your engine between oil changes; I'd find a mechanic and get it checked out. It's a good idea to check your dipstick at least every other fill-up with gas to make sure your oil is at the proper level.

• joannie 01/01/11 1:45 pm PST

I have the 2007 Civic Honda Hybrid Manual and the wrench light is that it is time for an oil change. I think the wrench has to be reset by the dealer.

Top Oil Experts View More

7. coolrunning 200