Answers

• simpilot1 05/08/08 6:45 am PST

This isn't unique to Honda, every manufacturer only covers manufacturing defects and explicitly excludes any damage due to external hazards. I'm glad that your persistence resulted in them paying for the repair.

• pooh875 05/12/08 6:08 am PST

WELL IF YOU CAN GET SELL THE VAN I HAVE THE 2007 ODYSSEY EX-L WITH MANY PROBLEMS FIRST THE TRANSMISSION WENT OUT AC PROBLEMS AND ENGINE NOISE THE ENGINE IS PINGING ARE YOU HAVING THIS PROBLEM

• bigb312 05/15/08 5:09 pm PST

Can you tell me what you had to do to get Honda to pay for this? My wife's van was taken in for AC problems this morning and and it was the rock through the compressor. It struck me funny that when we called to make the appointment, the service writer guessed a rock at that time.

Thanks

• bigdadi118 05/21/08 11:27 pm PST

We've been discussing this under the forum heading "Grille Insert" at Honda / Odyssey

That is the design problem from Honda. I look at Honda Element the condenser in front opening is WIDE OPEN,

You can protect the road debris hitting the consender/piping from expense of $5.00 to $100's. It costs about $750 to replace the condenser/piping if you fells to the unlucky bunch.

• kenadyan 06/09/08 11:47 am PST

I am having the same problem with my Odyssey (10,000 miles and the AC isn't cooling like it used to).

I fear I may also have had something puncture the AC compressor. Any advice on how you argued with Honda to get them to cover the cost??

Would be greatly appreciated.

• snydlyjd 06/29/08 7:42 am PST

We just had the exact same problem. The car is one year old, under 11,000 miles. The AC simply stopped working properly on Wed. When we took in on Friday, the dealership called and said a rock went through the housing of the condenser, which Honda considers a road Hazard, not a warranty problem. I argued that it's an Engineering flaw, the same as a warranty flaw. I was able to get them down on the pricc, but they wouldn't pay for it. As a consumer I have my recourses. I've filed a complaint with www.nhtsa.dot.gov/. I'm also taking it a step further and I'm trading the piece of crap in. This is the second issue we've had with the vehicle. It's a Honda, its supposed to be "GREAT", well it's been a GREAT big pain in my backside. Now I'm looking for a website for a Class action lawsuit against Honda for this obvious and expensive design flaw. Cheers!

• ricardo_33172 12/20/11 6:36 pm PST

I believe that there is a class action lawsuit going on for this.

• ricardo_33172 04/08/12 7:54 am PST

There is an actual class action lawsuit against Honda for this problem.

Top Honda Odyssey Experts View More