• avatar Stever@Edmunds 09/12/12 5:22 pm PST

From a brief net search, you have an interference engine. That means big bucks and major hassle if it breaks. May even need a new engine.

I don't like paying money for car repairs either and I haven't done the timing belt on my minivan. But it's not an interference engine so if it breaks, unless I'm in heavy traffic, hopefully I'll be able to coast to the side of the road and get a tow. Still a major hassle but should be a bit cheaper overall, unless I get rear-ended when it breaks and I have no power.

My wagon has an interference engine and I changed the timing belt on it when the maintenance interval came around.

Simplify your life and change the belt. :-)

Answers

• ray80 09/12/12 1:52 pm PST

I think from my perspective I would wonder about my particular vehicle (think beyond known potential issue for the model), and also the consequences and expense if it breaks.

Top Scheduled Maintenance Experts View More