Answers

Go to any large auto parts store and ask for a free OBD II scan of the on board computer. They will be able to give you any specific codes that appear so that you can verify what the dealer told you. If there are any fault codes, note them down and revisit the dealer with them in hand. If the dealer is unwilling to check themout, call Saturn and register a complaint. If you get any codes, come back here and we will help you decifer them. Good luck!

• shillelagh 02/20/09 1:12 pm PST

I had the same problems. No codes found. The actual transmission is fine, it's the computer program that's at fault. Require and I mean "require" the dealer to install the latest computer upgrade. The upgrade is available. Don't let them buffalo you about it. There was a bullitin issued on it.
    It is: #08-07-30-022A; Hesitation or flat spot between 56-80 km/h (35-50 mph) (Reprogram Transmission Control MOdule) - (Aug 1, 2008), Document ID: 2177083

Don't let the dealer talk you out of it. If your vehicle was built in 07' for the 08' model year, it will need to be reprogramed. Look in the Forums section on this website and read all our posts regarding Saturn Outlook Transmission Problems. I had to go all the way to arbitration to get any satisfaction regarding the transmission.

• hfox33 12/12/10 5:13 pm PST

My 2008 Saturn Outlook is a Lemon with severe electrical issues and has been serviced over 30 times. Recently 7 times in the past 6 months with burning, melting, and a wide randge of electrical issues. GM is not honering my warranty @ playing games. I am now faced with filing a lawsuit under NC Lemon Law. I have found any Outlook and Acadia owners with the same electrical problems as well.

Please join my facebook group

Saturn - GM Outlook & Acadia LEMONS

We have member from the media watching this group...LETS GET GM TO LISTEN!

Top Saturn Outlook Experts View More

3. allmet33 20
5. bumpy 10
6. qbrozen 10