• avatar docj 07/31/09 12:14 am PST

" I think I am getting to much fuel but don't know why."

You shouldnt be getting fuel dumped into the throttle body.The injectors should be spraying atomized fuel into the cylinders.
    If fuel is dumping into the throttle body,i would be looking at a faulty Fuel Presure Regulator.
    Take the vacuum hose off the regulator and look for fuel in the vacuum lines,if so,replace it.

Another common cause of overfueling on cold start up is a faulty Coolant Temperature Sensor.it gives the incorrect reading to the PCM and the PCM will command too much fuel ...

One other thought,You stated a Z34..if this is a 3.4 L engine,have you checked to be sure the timing belt didnt break/shred.Just thinking out loud here,doubt this ,but mentioning it anyway..

Doc J

Answers

• docj 07/31/09 12:14 am PST

Doc J

Top Fuel System Experts View More