Answers

Before you spend big money on repairs, you must check your fluid levels as you may just have low fluid level. Check your owner's manual to see where the tranny dipstick is and check the fluid WITH the engine running. If it is low, top it off with the reccommended type of ATF. Any auto parts store will have this. If the fluid level is fine, try doing a transmission flush and refill at your local oil change shop. Should cost less than $100 for a flush and will get rid of gunk in the tranny that might be causing the problem. Given the vehicle is 12 years old, the transmission fluid is probably long overdo for a change!

• mattman88 08/08/08 5:26 pm PST

I have already done a transmission flush and I have checked and rechecked all of the fluid levels but it still has the problem. Let me know if you have any more suggestions.

Top Kia Sportage Experts View More