Answers

I would check the resistance of the spark plug wires (each wire should have less than 1,000 ohms resistance for every inch of wire length, ie; a 15 inch wire should have less than 15,000 ohms resistance); or just replace the wire set. I would also check for vacuum leaks, cracks, or loose connections in the signal hoses to the MAP sensor (shown in photo here: (http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinf
    o...
    )

This motor had a special design spark plug made for it by Champion; who supplied the original plugs. This plug has a substantially longer insulator than most plugs; which improves idle stability. If your plugs have more than 30,000 miles on them; or have been replaced with a different brand; I would install a new set of Champion # 436 (RC12LC4). Champion also makes a premium performance Iridium plug for this motor under # 9203; which would have an even broader heat tolerance.

The air filter element should be clean enough to pass light easily. A restricted air filter can adversely affect the idle quality. And the throttle body should be thoroughly cleaned; particularly the front and back surfaces of the butterfly and the surface of the bore where the edges of the butterfly touch.

Top Engine Stalling Experts View More

7. patrick88 260