• avatar docj 11/22/08 5:04 pm PST

Working on only number 5 suggests it has a faulty blower motor resistor if its a manual system and a faulty blower control module if its auto climate control...
    If it s now out on the high speed,its probably the blower motor itself that went out..try tapping on the blower motor itself with your fist or small screw driver handle or light mallet,if it makes a sound or comes to life,faulty blower....the resistor is bypassed on high speed...

Thats what it sounds like to me

Doc J

Answers

• docj 11/22/08 5:04 pm PST

Thats what it sounds like to me

Doc J

• pontiac10 11/22/08 6:19 pm PST

Where would the blower motor resister location be?
    Where can i find it?
    And when i find it, and tap on it and it still does not work, then i need to know what else to do.
    I want to know if i would have to buy a new blower motor resister?

Thanks

[edit] I changed the blower motor and blower motor resistor

But the fan still works on the number 5 only. I want to know what else to do and what else I might have to change. I put in a brand new blower motor and brand new blower motor resistor, and the fan still works on 5 only

• docj 11/29/08 4:12 pm PST

The resistor or control module will be next to the blower motor on the HVAC case...

Resistors are used on manual systems,control modules are used on Auto climate controlled systems..

Tap on the blower MOTOR itself not the resistor,if it makes a noise or comes to life,then replace the motor.
    If the lower speeds have been out,then you will have to also replace either the resistor or the control module, based on what system you have.

Click link below

Doc J

Source: http://www.autozone.com/shopping/repair
    G...

• usmcgiolinh 01/08/10 11:58 am PST

I have the same problem on my 99 Grand Prix. I think we need to replace an Ignition Switch. I saw others with same problem but no cure. If the switch replacement works let me know. Someone told me that at Midas. Did not choose to fix cause it worked now and again, when it wants too LOL.

Top Heating / Cooling Fan Experts View More

7. Mr_Shiftright 125