Perform this procedure only when bolt-on replacement hinges are installed.
- Remove the door striker.
- Loosen the door hinge to the body side pillar bolts.
- Adjust the door at the door hinges in the following directions:
- Upward or downward
- Forward or rearward
- Inward or outward
Adjust the gap between the rocker panel and the door to 4.0-8.0 mm (0.16-0.31 in).
- Adjust the gap between the door and the roof panel to 3.0-9.0 mm (0.12-0.35 in).
- Adjust the gap between the rear of the door and the rear pillar to 3.0-5.0 mm (0.12-0.20 in).
- Adjust the gap between the door and the fender to 4.0-6.0 mm (0.16-0.24 in).
- Adjust the door surfaces so that the door surfaces are flush with the other panels to 1.0 mm (0.04 in). Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
- Tighten the hinge bolts. Tighten the hinge bolts to 35 N.m (26 lb ft).
- Adjust the door striker, if necessary, in order to properly engage the door latch.
- Loosen the door striker bolts.
- Adjust the door striker. Tighten the door striker bolts to 22 N.m (16 lb ft).