• avatar zoomzoomdlr 11/03/08 3:49 pm PST

If my understanding is correct, a GMPP contract is only valid if sold by a GM dealer. If it were me, I would call a few stores, speak with the finance manager's and ask them if they'd like an easy sale of a GMPP at a $200 profit. You should be able to find someone locally to do it for you, at which point you can see what all the term, mileage, and deductible options are as GMPP publishes a cost book detailing all these things on a chart. Does that help??? - JZ

Answers

• zoomzoomdlr 11/03/08 3:49 pm PST

• djgal 11/03/08 4:37 pm PST

Here is what GM said about those websites. They said to be careful as they appear shady. They do seem to be bonafide dealers but if they are selling protection plans online they are not following the rules. They are supposed to provide a link to the GM site and they don't. They are supposed to say within the first 3 lines that they are a gm dealer selling plans...some do, some don't. There were a couple of other things that appeared odd to the legal dept and supervisors at the GM number I called. You can buy a protection plan straight from GM...I called about that. They just quoted me a price lower than the one the dealer quoted. I will give my dealer a chance to meet that and if he can't I will order the plan straight from GM. I got their number and website right off of the card for my plan on my old car so I know it is legit. Their website is www.gmpponline.com. I would rather be safe than sorry. If these sites are legit they need to follow the rules for selling!

Top Car Warranties Experts View More