• avatar MrShift@Edmunds 09/10/09 5:05 pm PST

You need to read over your service contract carefully regarding your warranty. I certainly wouldn't just take someone's word for what's included/excluded over the phone.

I think the dealer is your only resource at this point. It might very well be something loose or a software re-boot, etc.

Answers

• Moomba 09/15/09 3:06 pm PST

Thanks very much - appreciate the advice, and agree with you that it may just be software or something loose.

Actually, unfortunately the battery also got drained on the weekend (I think it was related to this issue with the I-drive) and so I just got my car towed to the BMW dealership. I referenced the BMW service guy via the local BMW Club (he was recommended by them so I paid the extra $40 to tow it to him!) so hopefully he should take care of me. I will find out soon what the issue is. Thanks again for your help,

Sid

Top BMW 6 Series Experts View More

2. autoboy16 25
4. boomchek 10