• avatar morin2 09/15/12 10:31 pm PST

Let some people know you need a car. Leads will come from co-workers, family, church, etc. When my son graduated from college two years ago, he just had to buy a new car. And he sold his very clean 94 subaru legacy college car that I had lovingly maintained for many years for way too cheap - $400 to one of his co-workers. The new tires on it alone cost more than that. I still see that car on the road and hear that it has been trouble free - just as I would expect. I would have bought it back from him for more than that had I known he was so willing to part with it. So spread the word and you may stumble into such a deal too.

Answers

• gbrew 09/15/12 10:07 pm PST

one that runs.
    one that your dad gives you and promises to fix.

• dunnjitsu 11/02/13 5:50 pm PST

Do you live near any large senior citizen communities? It's just a fact of life that when folks reach a certain age they decide that driving their car is no longer a good idea and then sell their car. I used to work with a person that would go get a copy of a big senior citizen weekly newletter to sift through the want ads for those type of car deals. Often it is a 5 to 10 year old American brand car that has seen light use. My 84 year only mother has a 10 yr old Chevy Malibu with 45000 miles which she typically drives only on short trips like shopping or doctor appointments less than 10 miles from her house. One of these days I will have to sell her car when she is not able to drive any more, and I'll be lucky to get a few thousand for it. The car is in near new condition, always garaged, perfect interior, never driven hard. I'm sure there's lots of others around like that.

Source: http://www.city-data.com/forum/automoti
    v...

Top Car Buying Experts View More