• avatar scanman1 02/09/11 6:08 pm PST

Where are you buying the parts at. All that you say is very common with that vehicle. There must be a bad connection somewhere else. If you are buying aftermarket that might be the problem. I'll check the B+ supply circuits and grd circuits and get back with you I have never seen it this bad.

Answers

• scanman1 02/09/11 6:08 pm PST

• jimbo97 02/09/11 7:39 pm PST

All the parts are from autozone. You think I should try getting a new resistor from my local dealership?

• scanman1 02/10/11 8:33 am PST

I use the Auto Zone products for this problem and had no problem but the connectors are the most problems .A blower that pulling to much current can cause this and any bad connection, grd and power supply circuits. you said you replace the connectors, did you solder them. the fuse blowing tells me there high resistance in the circuit somewhere. You will have to use a amp meter and put it in line with circuits until you find the highest draw, which is a pain. You nhave to start at that fuse and go all thye way to the blower motor. As you move around and disconnect connectors you might fix the problem temporarily and in turn get false readings, that why I say its a pain.

• jimbo97 02/10/11 9:16 am PST

I did not solder the connections. I used the connectors that came with the wiring harness. Also today, I unscrewed the resistor and left the wires connected and started the truck. When I turned the fan on the resistor instantly glowed red and smoked. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need another new one.

• scanman1 02/10/11 9:39 am PST

The reason it did that is you did not have in the blower housing thus causing it to overheat and smoke. It needs to be in the flow of air to keep it cool but I would say replace it noe but dont do that again

Top Heating / Cooling Fan Experts View More