Answers

• isellhondas 01/06/10 6:56 pm PST

I'm kind of wondering why you didn't think this out before you made your bid?

I don't think shipping companies get involved with the money but you can always ask.

Have you checked out the sellers feedback? If the seller has a lot of transaction under his belt and the feedback is good, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

How much money are we talking about? If it's 10 hours by car, why not just fly there and conduct the transaction in person? If the car isn't drivable you can still have it shipped and just fly home.

• jb_turner 01/06/10 7:33 pm PST

Pay OTD.

Most legit ebay sellers note that they'll even pick you up at the airport and provide temp license plates. At least that's the case for vehicles in drivable condition. I suggest that you re-read the terms of the auction and then call the seller. The tricky part about ebay is that every seller states his own terms. A vehicle sale should require personal contact.

• bill3569 01/06/10 9:07 pm PST

I sold an antique car to a dealer approx. 2000 miles away. He did ask to see a copy of the title before sending payment. Once he sent the money I sent the title. The car was picked up a few days after that.

If you are looking for some type of inspection to verify condition before completing the purchase I believe it's too late for that.

Top Car Buying Experts View More