Answers

Edmunds lists cars by make and model. We don't list cars by VIN nor do we offer a VIN search. There are many VIN decoders on the net, and most are free. See How to Decode VIN Numbers.

I don't know, but I don't think a VIN will tell you if your car is equipped with ABS, although it may tell you the trim level and if all models in that trim have a certain feature standard, then that would answer your question. But I don't think the numbers get that specific as to options on specific cars.

For "proof" of ABS, you can go to the Used Cars tab at the top of the page and select features and specs and drill down to your make/model and style. Then click on "Safety" on the left side of the page. If ABS is standard on your car, it will be listed there. Then you can print or fax or email the page URL to your agent and that should suffice.

If ABS is optional on your car, then you'll need to physically inspect the brakes for an ABS module. A mechanic or dealer could do this for you and provide a letter to the insurance company.

Top Automotive News Experts View More