• avatar extremebigdog 02/03/08 12:30 pm PST

You will get better performance and fuel mileage if you use the recommended 91 octane. It really only costs a few hundred dollars more each year (but really a bit less because of the better gas mileage). Your components are meant to wear and run with the higher octane. It won't hurt anything to run lower octane but it may get a bit dirtier over the life of the vehicle and require different maintenance (cleaning?) then otherwise. The EX35 is pretty expensive, it seems like if you are going to pay that much for a car you would want the top performance it can offer.

Answers

• extremebigdog 02/03/08 12:30 pm PST

• inteller 03/20/08 9:25 am PST

According to the Infiniti site, premium is only recommended, not required.

Even though the vehicle costs a lot you have a right to question the premium requiement. With gas going $4+ a gal manufacturers need to get real on tuning their vehicles to run on premium. If Ford can do 265hp on the Duratec35 with regular, I think Infiniti can figure out how to do it as well.

• kirbyd 03/19/12 2:44 pm PST

When my 2009 EX35 was purchased I was told to use hi-test; I changed to mid-grade after a year and have now changed to regular. No "pinging" and no decrease in power or acceleration. Only problem is my fuel mileage has fallen. With premium I was getting 20.35, mid grade was 19.10 and now regular is 18.0. I'd rather give up the mpg and pay less at the pump !!!

Top Infiniti EX35 Experts View More

3. extremebigdog 25