• avatar boomchek 07/06/10 4:43 pm PST

Yes, as far as I know the customer will have to fully register the vehicle in the US, obtain the title, and THEN import it to Canada.

That's unless the selling dealer knows better then I and kn ows another way around this. Diud yuo ask your cline tfor the contact info to the dealer that said this so that you can get clarification from them?

Answers

• boomchek 07/06/10 4:43 pm PST

This really isn't a question for the general internet but rather for the particular Canadian province into which the car is going to be registered. Each province uses different terminology for their "DMV".

I can tell you that no way this car could be driven on one square inch of US territory without paying sales tax, so if indeed the dealer could clear customs and register the vehicle for the client, this would include shipping it, not driving it.

Here are some CANADIAN agencies in various provinces

Top Car Buying Taxes Experts View More

5. simpilot1 75
7. sylvia 50