• avatar 0patience 11/27/11 3:40 pm PST

Pretty much, from what you have stated, it does sound like the injector had a problem and the problems went down the line.
    Overfueling will destroy a lot of stuff.

The crack in the manifold will cause the O2 sensor to read too much air and give a fault. It will also change the air/fuel mixture, which could cause the fuel metering fault. The problem comes from when the computer tries to compensate for the crack and it may over fuel, which is the problem that started all this in the first place.
    Unfortunately, you are at a point where the cat, exhaust manifold problem and the O2 sensor need to be taken care of.
    As for a catalytic converter, check with Honda Parts Unlimited.
    You have to fix the known problems first, then deal with what you can't see.

Answers

• thecardoc3 11/27/11 3:07 pm PST

The catalyst failure would be directly attributed to any misfire, and NOT from running too rich. The reason for that has to do with oxygen content which the catalyst needs in order to operate. There is no inexpensive option, you need to get the replacement catalyst from either the dealer, or try and get a CARB approved California catalyst if one even exists.

$70 sounds to cheap to have a matched set of injectors, and for that they certaintly were not "rebuilt". Cleaned, maybe but not rebuilt. Now that doesn't mean that they won't work for you, but it sounds more like you got a set of used ones.

• 0patience 11/27/11 3:40 pm PST

• heybo 11/29/11 10:53 am PST

I first want to thank you for your response and I agree that I must fix the known problem before I go any further. I have installed the "rebuilt" injectors and started the car. It started but was idling rough. Thats when I decided to continue and remove the heat sheild for better access to the O2 sensor. That's when I noticed the crack in the exhaust manifold/cat.

As far as whether I got my own injectors back... the outfit is called GB Remanufacting, Inc. in Long Beach. I was told to bring in my injectors because they don't stock any, especially for a CNG Honda. I don't know what rebuilding intales but I will call them later and ask them.

I will go to the site posted for parts and check on the cost and availability of my item/ Any thoughts on welding the crack. It'll probably be the second time it was welded. That didn't sound right... never mind, I'll just replace it.
    Stay tuned for an update ... and thanks again.

• heybo 12/05/11 5:31 pm PST

I was able to purchase a California compliant manifold/converter at wholesale (and it's still expensive, $390 + tax - helps to know people that know people). I'll mount it in the next day or two and report what happens. All answsers thus far have been very helpful. Again, thank you!

Top Honda Civic Experts View More